cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How can I calculating two created variables

bryce_spence
Newcomer

So I am just trying to use a formula containing two created variables in a web dashboard to shrink my formula down a little. For example I have created two variables {$sumOne} and {$sumTwo} both are using different measures to pull data. I have a third variable, {$performance}. Essentially how can I take the two above variables and use them in the third? Logically, to me anyway, this should work as long as the two above variables (sumOne and sumTwo) are created first. It just keeps giving me an expression error. If this can't be done that's fine I was just trying to be slick and save time and play around with things a little.

4 REPLIES 4

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is this in the WebUI interface or rich client?

Its a web dashboard pulling the data from the rich client.

franz_soengen
Inactive

Hi Bryce,

do you mean to do something like this?

I don't think that's possible as the Documentation only states that variables can include measure placeholders, not other variable placeholders.

"(...) you can define variables, which can be a string, or a mathematical expression. Both can contain measure placeholders."

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/short...

best regards
Franz

bryce_spence
Newcomer

Yup, that is what I mean. O well, pretty new to using Dynatrace so trying stuff out. Thanks for sharing the documentation.