Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I calculete count of business transaction for different time

dynatrace2
Helper

Hello

I have more than 100 Business transaction in AppMon

For some business transactions I want to see the number of transactions that are performed in different time ranges

for example I want to see the number of transactions running in the range from 1 to 3 seconds, from 3 to 10 seconds and more than 10 seconds. And also sum of them.

I do not want to create new BT for each range. Because at the same time I will have to create 4 Business Transactions for each business process, and at the same time I will have 400 business transactions in the System Profile instead of 100 - and this is not very convenient

Can I add result or spliting measures for my BT for this case?

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This post has some details about what you would need to do but the short answer is no, there is not a way to define time ranges as the splitting in a business transaction:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/148585/tim...

James

Hello James

I fully understand how I must create measures

But my question is a bit different. I need to count the number of transactions in different ranges in the same business transaction.

I do not want to create hundreds of business transactions!

Hello James

I was able to understand my questions

I solved my tasks with the help of the following AppMon Measures:

• Threshold Violations measures
  • Calculation Rate

If you get a chance consider providing a bit more detail as to how you got the intended result with those measures. I imagine others may be interested in doing something similar.

Just a note of caution (it may not apply to your use case) but you won't be able to create any incidents around "rate" measures.