cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How can I create my own Functional Health Chart?

I really like the bar chart on the Functional Health dashboard that shows the percentage of healthy transactions & percentage of failures, along with the line that shows the number of transactions. What I would like to do is create one dashboard that shows one of those charts for each system profile that I have.

I can create a chart, add the "failed transactions percentage" under Functional Health -> Error detection section. This will show me the 1% value, (or whatever the value is at that time) but how do I get it to stack on top of the healthy transaction percentage like in the canned dashboard? I don't see any "successful transaction percentage" measure anywhere that I could stack with the failed measure.

I'm attaching a picture of what I want to duplicate.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

graeme_william1
Inactive

George,

Unfortunately, your observations are exactly correct. You can make a chart with the failure rate, but you can't duplicate the "stacked percentage" bar chart because you don't have a success rate.

-- Graeme

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi George,

My initial thought was to use count measures but the issue there is it wouldn't be a true percentage as I believe the failed count is contained in the total count of transactions. This would give you a close estimation but would not be the actual percentage.

Kyle

ahmed_el_jafouf
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I reckon it should be possible to create such a chart by crafting two Business Transactions for it.

1/ Create a BT that filters on all errors, logs, exceptions, etc. that would mark a transaction as failed with Upper Severe set to "1" for those measures. Keep default calculation of Count enabled.

2/ Create a BT that filters on the same measures as above but with Lower Severe set to "0". Keep default calculation of Count enabled.

3/ Put the count values of both BTs in a Dual Axis Chart (on the same axis) and change the chart type of that axis to "Stacked Percentage Bar Chart".

4/ Add the total count of transactions (from a suitable measure) to the other axis and change the chart type of that axis to "Line".

I'll give this a try. I've never created any Business Transactions before.

Have a look at these resources:

How to Use Business Transactions since dynaTrace 4.2

Business Transactions

On the right side of the pages, you can find links to webinar videos about Business Transactions.

What is the measure being used for "Transactions per Hour"?