cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do a Business Transaction on the Query portion of a URI

dave_deleo
Inactive

I would like to create a business transaction on the query portion of a URI. I have tried the URI Pattern Value measure with the incl Query check marked. But the incl Query feature was not what I was hoping it was for. I have tried to break it out as the Query parameters are part of the Request Parameter unfortunately their use of the same parameters is not consistent in that they vary from transaction to transaction. So I was hoping I could just grab the whole query and do the splits on that. Does anyone have any ideas how I might do that? Thanks! David

5 REPLIES 5

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi David,

Would it be possible to use the "transformation regex" feature on the URI Pattern value (incl Query) measure? Using a Regex to break the query away from the URL?

-Cody

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi David,

Would the Web Requests dashlet with grouping set to "Group by Application, URI and Query" help? If so, just set the grouping using the popup grouping "icon" on the top right of the dashlet.

HTH,

dave

dave_deleo
Inactive

Thanks Cody and Dave! I am looking at the Web Request dashlet and the features you are showing me do look like they will come in handy. Thank you.

Cody the drop down does show a selection for "Query" (the drop down where you pick "first part of the URI Path", "second part of URI Path" etc). And when you select it up pops the Regex for it. I just have not been able to get anything to show in the Business Transaction when I try using it. I would sure be interested in know what makes that "incl query" tick.

Thanks for your help!

David

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi David,

Here is a screenshot of a measure that worked for me. I just added the measure as a splitting to a business transaction. Note to include a threshold of 1.

Additionally, this is set up for "easyTravel" where the query is included after a "?" for example the full URI is /orange-booking-review.jsf?journey=1. So you'll have to adjust the transformation regex to your application if it's different, I'd be glad to help craft a regex if needed. Thanks!

-Cody

dave_deleo
Inactive

This is great Cody! One it shows me I was using this measure wrong or misunderstanding its workings. Two it shows me how to go about getting what I need. I will try to come up with a regex over the weekend and may take you up on your offer if I am struggling. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

David