cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get all the requests(Web requests, API calls) from frontend applications to a backend app, where the calling apps(Frontend) is not added in the same system profile as backend App

sujith_puthanka
Participant

How can I get all the requests(Web request, API Calls) from frontend applications to a backend app, where the calling apps (Frontend) is not in the same system profile as backend App

Use Case is to track all the requests (Web requests, How many hits, API calls) to the backend app which is used by lot many applications in the firm, Where we cannot add all the calling app to the same system profile as Backend app (Called App)

1 REPLY 1

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It sounds like you're referring to what are called "cross-system-profile-purepaths" (XSPPPs) where a PurePath spans system profiles. This is an older post but I have not heard of anything changing in this area so check Christan's comment on this: https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/104439/sys...

Basically PurePaths will always be stored in the profile where they were started - you'll still see the tiers in the other profiles but the PurePath will only show up in the first system profile. The only option to change this is a debug flag which will cut up the PurePaths into each system profile where the relevant agents are located so that you only see the relevant section in each profile - note that since entry points may change if you experiement with this you may need to make sure those new entry points are instrumented. There is no option to have a PurePath show up in both profiles.

James