cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How can we check Memory and CPU consumption by the AppMon agent

sandra_pinto1
Inactive

How can we check Memory and CPU consumption by the AppMon agent on the servers where the AppMon agent is installed.

We have installed Java agent on our servers, where we could see that the AppMon agent is running along with the JVM. Is there a way to get the CPU and Memory consumption by the AppMon agent, as we are more keen on the performance of the server. Also, how can we get the process ID of the AppMon agent running.

10 REPLIES 10

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Sandra,

Auto sensors do not take more than 3% with the production license and maximum 10% with the testing or pre-production bu it also depends that how many custom sensors you create to capture other data.

The below screenshot is a reference where you set the resolution.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks much Babar! Could you please let me know where is the Auto Sensors option. And also, we have not created any custom sensors to pull the data. These servers are just installed with the java Dynatrace agent.

Hello Sandra,

Just double click on your profile then select the tier/agent group and the then select the agent mapping then select the specific agent and in the bottom you will find the button "Advanced"

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar! I got that...

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Sandra,

The best way to do this is to make a CPU sampling which shows the CPU overhead during the sampling duration.Use a memory dump to see if dynatrace classes are involved.

The pid can be gathered from the dashlet Agent Overview

Best

Harry

Thanks Herald! Let me try this.

I have installed DT agent on the application server, but unable to find the Process ID for Dynatrace agent. I read somewhere in the community that since the Dynatrace agent would be running along with the JVM, the process ID of the DT agent is same as that of the JVM. Could anyone please can confirm on this? Thank you

Warm regards,

Sandra Pinto

Hello Sandra,

Yes I read the same because agent is just doing bytes code and not the actual agent is running as a process.

Regards,

Babar

Cool, Thank you so much Babar!

Warm regards,

Sandra Pinto

Hi Sandra,

Please note that name in the agentoverview dashlet. It is in the format <agentname>@<host>:<pid>

Best

Harry