cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How can we monitor DNS and LDAP services ?

sandeep_moka1
Participant

3 REPLIES 3

chase_hulderman
Inactive

Hey Sandeep,

Are you trying to monitor your actual LDAP and DNS servers or are you interested in DNS lookup times, for example?

Cheers,

Chase

sandeep_moka1
Participant

@Chase : My LDAP,DNS,DHCP services are hosted on linux box. So instrumenting web agent on the box gives me expected results ?

I want to monitor LDAP,DNS,DHCP services.

Sandeep,

If you're interested in actual process health, that's not something you're able to get AFAIK using AppMon agents. Most LDAP, DNS, and DHCP services are native and therefore would need custom instrumentation to get full depth in your PurePath. If, however, you're interested in general performance of these services there are numerous ways to do this.

For example, you can chart DNS resolution times if you have UEM data and then set thresholds for this time for your application. You can use the Availability Monitoring plugin to get a binary status of your DNS server. You can utilize other plugins similarly.

You're also able to get general host-level monitoring data if you have a license for the Host Agent and don't have another agent on that same linux box. If you have a web server agent on this box, you're able to get this information.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Chase