cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How do you configure AppMon 2017 so that a PurePath opens when selected in the web UI?

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

How do you configure AppMon 2017 so that a PurePath opens when selected in the web UI? Currently, the file is downloaded and then I open up the client.

Dynatrace Certified Professional
6 REPLIES 6

david_n
Inactive

Hello Bill,

When you open the web UI and select PurePaths from the left menu you see a list of PurePaths, selecting one of these will display an area with the top findings to assist with analysis. If you want to see the PurePath tree, you can simply click "Analyze PurePath" -> select the transaction -> click the PurePath tree tab.

You can also configure your web UI to connect to the thick client and once you click Analyze PurePath select the ellipsis at the top right of the screen and click "open in client".

Thanks,

David Nicholls

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

Thanks. How do you configure the web UI to connect to the thick client?

david_n
Inactive

You will need to check the configurations in the client settings. Settings -> Dynatrace Client Preferences -> Services. Ensure that you have enable web services and non-SSL connections checked as needed. If you have a proxy configured you can enter that information here as well. You should then be able to connect to the client from the web.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

I checked the "Allow non-SSL connections" and restarted my server. I attempted this again and received the same error (see attached). I don't really want to use the webstart client.

david_n
Inactive

Have you selected "Accept the SSL Certificate" and opened a client on your machine. It worked for me once I went through that process, you shouldn't need to restart your server.

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

Thank you for your assistance. This now works.