cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How do you remove a Java agent on Linux?

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

I would like to completely remove a Java agent from a Linux box. How do I go about doing this? I understand the agent is part of the JVM and from reading the forum and documentation, the method for doing so is to remove the agentpath.

Dynatrace Certified Professional
3 REPLIES 3

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

Removing the agentpath argument and simply deleting the agent directory will completely remove the agent.

We usually just suggest removing the agentpath because it makes easier to enable the agent again. If you did this, you would to install the agent binaries again before you add the agentpath.

Hope this helps,

Ari

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

Thanks. What is the command line to remove the agentpath? Also I have multiple entries (where I installed the agent multiple times; I do I remove those? The agent connected to the collector and then disconnected. I'd like to clean this up and then start over!

This is what I entered...
java
-agentpath:/opt/dynatrace-7.0/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=DCRUM_AMD_PDCRUM10,collector=pwadtc01

Dynatrace Certified Professional

There is no command to remove the agentpath. You can simply edit the startup script and remove it.

If you'd like to start over, then I would recommend just deleting every directory associated with the agent and remove the agentpath after which you can start a fresh install.