cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to KEEP confidential strings after dynaTrace 5.6 "Download Stored Session" REST "https://guest:guest@localhost:8021/rest/management/sessions/easytravel/export" command in AppMon 6.5 ?

max_tseng1
Participant

Hello,

I had used REST function to arrange a windows schedule to backup yesterday's session file automatically everyday. It work fine. But, I encountered a new problem.

=================

set systemprofile=easytravel

set myYesterday=2017-05-08

set myToday=2017-05-09

rem == Step-1: Export live purepath to StoredSession ========= dynatrace 6.5 syntax.
C:\~\GoogleChromePortable.exe "https://localhost:8021/rest/management/profiles/%systemprofile%/storepurepaths?timeframeStart=%myYesterday%T00:00:00&timeframeEnd=%myToday%T00:00:00&storedSessionName=%systemprofile%_%myYesterday%-0000-2400"

rem == Step-2: Export storedSession to Disk ========= dynatrace 5.6 syntax.
C:\~\GoogleChromePortable.exe "https://guest:guest@localhost:8021/rest/management/sessions/%systemprofile%_%myYesterday%-0000-2400/export"

=================

But, now I encountered a problem. In my step-2, the syntax is dynaTrace 5.6 and the output of the session file [default] was RemoveConfidentialStrings. How to let my step-2 to KEEP confidential strings after export ?

4 REPLIES 4

gabriel_casella
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

The new standard for the REST interface can be seen at the documentation.

To your first step, you may check the:
Live Sessions (REST) - Store Session

To your second step, you may check the export section:
Stored Sessions (REST) - Import/Export.

Check the examples section at these pages too.

Let me know if that helps.

max_tseng1
Participant

Hi,

I know the new REST interface function.
But, we think dynaTrace 5.6 "Download Stored Session" REST function is useful and good then new NEW 6.5 "Export Stored Sessions" function.

We used these REST function to backup session file every day for APPLICATION AUDITING. (For Auditing, we want to keep all transaction behavior of user).

In 5.6 "Download Stored Session" REST function, we just need to know the stored session name, then export it. The output session file name will be the stored session name. After we import it into local session of offline, the local session name is still the stored session name. We used Date Name in the session name. So we saw the name, we will know which day's data in it. Now, our big issue : "removeconfidentialstrings=true" is the default. In this function, "removeconfidentialstrings=false" didn't work now (all export session file removed all confidential strings already).

So, There is a big issue : This function can't keep all confidential strings. as SUPDT-33549. But, just one export command to use Date Name and bring this Date Name into the local session name. It is more automation to approach Application Auditing Backup request.

In 6.5 "Export Stored Sessions" REST function, it used session id to export. And, session id will different every time for every export. So, we need to use "list Stored Sessions" REST function to list and capture the <id>, put it in the "Export Stored Sessions" REST function. This is more complex and difficult than 5.6 "Download Stored Session" REST function. And, after we import it into local session of offline, the local session name is id name. We used Date Name in the session name. So we saw this name, we will know which day's data in it. But, in 6.5 this function, the local session name is id name. There is no other parameter of this function to change the local session name. But, this function can use removeconfidentialstrings=false parameter to keep confidential strings.

So, the issue is the local session after import is <id> name. We can't use Date Name into the localsession name automatically.
And, the automation process need to list stored session to capture <id> information and pass to "Export Stored Sessions" REST function. This is more difficult for automation process.

Anyway, we want to create Dynatrace AppMon for Application Auditing usage and business. This issue is very important and is the key of success.

Could anyone help to solve it to let Application Auditing business to big ?

One Way: Keep 5.6 "Download Stored Session" REST function and enhancement to add "removeconfidentialstrings=false" in it.

Other Way: add someone parameter in 6.5 "Export Stored Sessions" REST function to update the default session name (use DATE name).

thanks !

michael_k
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

I've reopened the support ticket, please let us continue there.

best,

Michael

max_tseng1
Participant

https://guest:guest@localhost:8021/rest/management/sessions/easytravel/export?removeConfidentialStrings=false" can keep confidential strings.