Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to License Rich Client Custom Tagging using ADK

nalin_agrawal
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi

We have a customer who is having C# based client server application. it uses a proprietory protocol to communicate. We cannot install Dotnet Agent on the client side as there is no fixed number for it.

They are showing a lot of interest in our Custom Tagging ADK.

Please help me with the following questions wrt -

Tagging ADK .NET for tagging across custom protocols

1. On the client side do we need to give collector details or can it send the data to the server using the customer's proprietary protocol, and the agent on the server side will send the data to the local collector.

2. From the licensing view we just need to count the server side or both client and server.

3. If using only custom tagging, can we get approx. client / server / network time.

4. Can we get client side host details without placing a collector on the client side.

5. If I install a Dotnet Agent will it stitch automatically or will I still need to use the server side custom tagging.

DotNet Rich Client UEM ADK, will not be a good option as I need to setup a web server and it will still need server side custom tagging.

Regards

Nalin Agrawal

3 REPLIES 3

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you don't use the rich client UEM and you go over the option of tagging I beleive that this cases can apply:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/78174/how-...

I know that it is not a Java, but the kind of licenses exits.

I hope I helps,

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Thanks David for the link -> great find!

Let me also give quick answers for the individual questions

#1: You need a .NET Agent for the Tagging ADK to work -> that means you also need a license. The Tagging ADK is not a "standalone" feature -> it extends the capabilities of our full featured .NET/Java Agent

#2: As it is not a standalone feature but requires a .NET/Java Agent you have to license every Rich Client

#3: Not a Standalone Feature -> not possible

#4: same as #3

#5: If it is a proprietary protocol you have to use the tagging ADK to link the two sides

Andi

nalin_agrawal
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi Andreas and David -- Understood ... Thanks for the response