cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor the REST Services Response Time using AppMon

shashikrishna_1
Participant

Hi,

I would like to Monitor the response times of REST services using AppMon, need help how to enable REST services to get and monitor their response times.

5 REPLIES 5

shashikrishna_1
Participant

Can someone please provide their valuable inputs here...

jacob_pankey
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Shashi,

AppMon is able to monitor external API calls with the API breakdown dashlet. In order to monitor the API calls it would be important to have the system making the calls monitored by an agent. However, it would be helpful to have some additional details about the API you need to monitor and also where the calls to the API originate from.

Regards,

Jake

Hi Jacob,

Can you help me with what all the details exactly are asking for like...? so that i will try to provide those..

Sure I guess that the first question is whether or not you have any monitoring in place yet. Do you know if the system making the calls to the REST services is monitored or if the system serving the REST services is monitored by an AppMon agent. Also do you know what technology the client and server are using?

Hi Jacob, refer the below comments:

Sure I guess that the first question is whether or not you have any monitoring in place yet. -- Yes, already monitoring is in place and SOAP services are under monitoring.

Do you know if the system making the calls to the REST services is monitored or if the system serving the REST services is monitored by an AppMon agent. -- Few servers are being monitored and few REST calls will redirect to any of those servers

Also do you know what technology the client and server are using? -- Pega is using as Client and Server side Technology on top of WebSphere as Server side Technology..