cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Replicate the OOTB Response time incident

ruth_lehane
Contributor

HI all,

I have a customer who is looking to customize the OOTB 'Response time degraded' incident. In the incident the evaluation timeframe and period for suppression are greyed out. Does anyone know why these fields are not customizable here?

The customer needs:

• To increase the evaluation timeframe as they have such a large environment they would only like to get an alert when there are sustained issues with response time (ie. not just random spikes). At the moment this cannot be changed from 10 seconds.
  • An extra would be if you could add a % deviation from normal which would trigger the alert. For example if you could define that if the response time for a particular application degrades more then 30% then send an alert.

The real benefit of this alert that the customer wants to recreate is the fact that it gives comparison to the past 7 days response time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this incident could be recreated?

Thanks,

Ruth

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I believe this is one of the incidents that is based off of the baselines that are generated for selected business transactions which is why there is basically zero configuration options within the incident rule itself. What you can do is for any of the baselined BTs that will be included you can modify the BT "violation detection settings" to make them less sensitive. One of the default ones that is included you might be seeing is the OOB BT "Web Page Requests":

EDIT: And I don't believe there is any way to use BT baselines in custom incident besides using the number of incidents that come out of the box that consider them.

Seems like the evaluation timeframe of OOTB alert isn't customizable:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/148/uem-open-...