cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to analyze UEM

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Hi,

I am seeing for one of the user action purepath exec total time as 5436ms and in that server contribution is 1825ms.I am not seeing it spent any time in network contribution.Can someone help me in identifying where the remaining time was spent.

uem.png

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Tarun,

If you look in the Elapse Time column, you will see that it is counting up to show the contribution of each of the web requests involved in the fulfillment of your click action. You can click the drop down next to each entry to see a breakdown of where the time was spent.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Good afternoon, Tarun A.!

Network Contribution, Client Contribution, and any Third Party Resource Contribution would be your answers. It looks to me like Network Contribution calculation is not enabled in your UEM settings.

From the documentation, "Network contribution is only available if the PurePath visit possesses a bandwidth value. Network contribution is the estimated time that was spent to transfer resources with an immediate impact on the user action response time. Specifically, the network contribution is the sum of the file size of all requests divided by the bandwidth value (bytes per second)."

To calculate the network duration you must enable response size capturing and bandwidth detection. Response size capturing is disabled by default, but you can enable it in the Web server, Servlet or ASP.NET sensors. Bandwidth detection is disabled by default. To enable it click System Profile > User Experience, then check the box for Bandwidth Calculation. See System Profile for more information.

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Thanks Joshua & David,

It was really helpful.

Regards,

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Also check out our video tutorial on Advanced UEM where we also explain how to analyze UEM Data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0IOW6o379k&index=18&list=PLqt2rd0eew1bmDn54E2_M2uvbhm_WxY_6