cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply a custom auto time frame on a chart?

Hi guys,

Every time I switch to a longer time frame at the dashboard level the time frame of the corresponding chart is also automatically adjusted to a longer time interval. So if I want more detailed data I need to manually change the time frame on the chart. I want to avoid this and set the auto option to a custom time frame.

For example this is how the data is shown if I switch to 7 days time frame. It is automatically adjusted to 6 hour intervals. Is there a way to set this auto interval to 15 minutes so I won't have to switch manually every time?

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Stanislav,

we don't have the feature to change the "Auto" resolution for charts. However, once you've set the resolution in a chart to an explicit, say, 15 minutes, it will stay so until you request a time frame where we don't have the minute resolution anymore. Best regards,

Peter

Hi Stanislav,

maybe i don't quite your question, but:

The dashlet inherits the timeframe of the dashboard, as long as you have no custom timeframe set for the dashlet. If you select a longer timeframe, like 7days, the resolution is less granular, since chart data is aggregated.

But, if you've selected a custom timeframe for the dashlet you've shown in your screenshot, like 6h, also the resolution stays at the corresponding level (5 min in this example)

Does this help?

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. What I want is to change the "Auto" resolution for charts to a fixed time so it does not change when I switch between 7 days and 24 hours but as Peter K. said this is not possible.