cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to capture Error messages of web application

nitin_dumbre
Guide

Hi Team,

I am new to Dynatrace. I want to capture all the error messages that has been shown to customer in different states in my web application.

For Front -end we are Angular-JS to display the content.

Is there any in-build measure/feature that I can use to capture the error messages?

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Nitin,

The Errors dashlet provides an overview of all errors that are detected in a specified time frame.

Review the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli...

Regards,

Babar

nitin_dumbre
Guide

Thanks Babar for your response.

I have gone through the above link. it mostly give the Browser errors(java script errors).

I want to capture the error messages which impacting the users. I means business error messages. for e.g. "Sorry something went wrong, Unable to process your request. Please call your local contact centre". I know for above message something is not working in back-end system hence we are getting the above message.

Hi Nitin,

If you know the messages are related to issues on the back end why not just monitor those execptions?

Best,

Kyle

nitin_dumbre
Guide

Hi Kyle, 

Thanks for your response.

Yes we are already capturing the back end exceptions on purepath but the problem is that some of the exceptions are impacting the end user(Customer) and some of them are not.

Based on those back-end exceptions its bit difficult to identify impacted user session.

We are want to capture the  error messages has shown to end users which will help to business user to identify the trend and revenue loss area.