cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to capture data with multiple filters in a single BT?

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

Hello

We have a requirement, wherein we want to capture the data by performing 2 different filters.

if I use one single filter for the measure it works. when i club the both i am not getting any data. just wanted to know the reason screenshot attached.or do i need to make any change in the filter

bt1-with-data.jpgbt2-with-data.jpgbt1-and-2-combined-no-data.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

rick_boyd
Mentor

You need to change the logic here to OR

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

I changed to OR. still no data displays.

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

Hellom, now i can see the data with the login OR. but i want both the filters with Logic AND where no data is not displaying.

Hi Ramakrishnan,
Try to chart those measures individually and see. I think one of your measure is not returning any results.

Rajani

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

Hello Rajanikanth

yes i did individually as well ... it is returning results. screenshot is attached bt1 and bt2.

Hey Ramakrishnan,

Patrick's answer completely makes sense to me. You cannot create two different UA's with AND logic because it cannot be two different pages at the same time. You should only use OR condition.

But if you want you can create two BT's with each UA included and capture.

Rajani

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

It can not work with the AND logic if you are filtering for two user actions and the scope of the BT is user action. A user action can't be two actions at the same time.

What exactly do you want to achieve with this BT? If you want to get both actions filtered into this BT, you can use the OR filter. If you wan't only a certain BT, maybe with two specific web requests, you have to use a BT with user action scope and two web request filter measures.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net