cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Unit from % to GB

Hi Team,

we are using Unix system monitor plugins to monitor our OS servers. In Diskusedspace measure, I can see the Units in Bytes, MB, KB or GB Instead of %. How can I fix the threshold in GB and how to convert it from % to GB.

Regards,

Praveenkumar

12 REPLIES 12

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Praveenkumar,

There's no way to directly convert a measure from absolute to relative.

However, you could create a 'rate' measure which divides your disk used space by total space and get the percentage that way.

Best regards.

Radu

Hi Radu,

Please advise, where exactly you will place this rate measure. In Unix Monitor Plugins there is no options to create any outline measures. Would we create it in Incidents?

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Hi Praveenkumar,

The Unix System Monitor is capable of collecting both "Used Diskspace" and "Total Diskspace":

Subscribe to both these measures. Then create a separate measure "Rate" (see my previous screenshot) and in that measure put the Total Diskspace as base measure and the Used Diskspace as the fraction measure - this will give you % Used disk space out of Total disk space.

Best regards,

Radu

Hi Radu,

Currently we are using dynatrace 7.0 version. In measures I couldn't find calculation option as per your attachment.

please see the attachment,

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Hi,

I found the option, Please advise the measures for Network.

Regards,

Praveenkumar

What do you mean "measures for Network" ?

Hi Radu,

The same as DiskUsedSpace , I have to do the conversion for Network-Measure_ Received Bytes/Sec from % to GB and which measure i have to use as Base and Fraction here.

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Use Received Bytes/sec as Fraction and Bytes Total/sec as Base.

Thanks alot- Radu. Is there any way to set the Host availability measure in the system profiles level to trigger the alerts for all of these OS servers availability?

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Could you please advise on the above request?

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Hi Radu,

I have created the Disk Utilization Incidents and mapped the Incident Rule as per your above suggestions(Rate Measure Calculations). But, There is no incidents getting log over there. I can see some of the incidents were logged in Disk Utilization(Host Performance) Measure.

Regards,

Praveenkumar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Same as for that other question - Calculated rate measures don't work for creating incidents. If you want to get a percentage measure usable for alerts using a plugin the plugin has to be developed to be able to return measures that way.

I've never used it and it looks like it might have issues with recent versions of Java but there is this plugin as well that might help with measure operations. So if it did work you'd be using a plugin on a plugin. I can't help with troubleshooting that either.

James