cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a BT for User Action Count with Split by Country specific filter?

mallempati_sree
Inactive

Hi Team,

Am using the User Action Count measure under User Experience Management and able to create a chart with all the user Actions count split by Application. We have a specific requirement to get the same User Actions Count for Country wise. I tried to create a BT with User Action Count measure in the Filter Section and checked the failure rates and Duration &Count in results section and added the BT Filter/Splittingvalue IndiaMarket. But it's showing as no measurements available. Am i missing something here.

Thanks,

Chetan

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

We'll need some more information, could you post a screen shot of the BT configuration as well as the details for the measures used? The IndiaMarket measure in particular looks to be a custom measure so I can't know how it is configured. In addition where those measures you mentioned are placed (filter, results, or splitting) will also affect the BT and can cause it to not work as intended.

James

Hi James,

Please find the attachments for the screen shots of the User Action Count measure, Indian Market Filter Measure, BT Config.

dt-useractioncount-measure.png

dt-indiafiltermeasure.png

dt-bt-config.png

thanks,

Chetan

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

For the splitting are you expecting multiple values or do you just want all of the user actions that match the criteria you specified in that Test - India Market measure? If that is the case you should use that at as a filter measure rather than a splitting measure (based on the threshold defined it looks like it was originally supposed to be a filter). You can check if this measure is matching any requests by charting it directly.

Also, for measures you want to calculate (such as user action count) these should be added to the "Calculate Results" area in the middle rather than the filter section. That being said in the case of a user action BT this user action count is one that is tracked by default (see check boxes)so it may not be necessary to include that at all.

If you include that measure as a filter it would also need to have some threshold defined in order for any actions/purepaths to match the filter at all, it doesn't look like this is the case.

In summary, I would move the splitting value to the filter area, remove the user action count measure from the filter and verify that the India filter measure is matching actions by charting it. If this measure isn't matching anything then the rest of the config won't have any impact.

James

Hi James,

It worked but am not able to see all the user actions that are being reported by the User Action Count measure and hence the number is very less by filtering the actions which has _in india filter.

Actually we have native mobile app issue which is not instrumented properly and hence we are seeing all the lp2 image calls as separate web requests in user action purepaths which won't be having _in india country specific in purepath to filter. Hence am not seeing the total number of user actions of India including the unwanted lp2 images also.

Thanks,

Chetan

I don't think I understand completely. It sounds like there is an issue with the filter you're using so this would need to be modified to match all that you would like. For the second piece it sounds like you're seeing additional requests that don't match what you want to filter on as "sub-requests" of user actions and this is expected when you're using a user action business transaction. Your filter is searching through the entire user action and if what you're looking for in your filter is found then the entire action matches (including any other requests). If you only want purepaths that have that filter criteria the BT should set to be a server-side purepath BT (however this might not meet your needs depending on how you plan on using it).