cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to create a filter for a BT on specific Cookie attribute contents?

davisont
Guide

Hello,

I have been asked to create a Business Transaction that is filtered on our top accounts. They have provided me with the email addresses which I can see in the Cookie attribute as username. In the screenshot below I have a Filter configured for username. However, I have no clue on how to filter on the top accounts. Do I populate the Value field with the email addresses?

Thanks again for every ones help, much appreciated.

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The value field can be used for that but I cannot figure out a way to make it accept multiple values. I tested something similar just now and it looks like a way you can do this is by modifying the transformation regex and adding the email addresses as possibilities in the username field. I.E. username=(email1@aol.com|email2@aol.com).

You may need to mess around and test the regex but I think this can be used.

James

James, I think you are right, and this should work. I have used similar syntax in the transformation regex to make a measure work for two similar case sensitive user actions, in my case:

click on ("Log Out"|"Log out")

Just be sure to match any characters within the cookie, such as double quotes around the e-mail addresses for the accounts.

-Cody

davisont
Guide

That is great, thank you both for the help. Of course I'm not rewarding either of you any rewards until I test this later today. : ). Just kidding. I'll throw some points your guys way. Much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Tom

James's answer should work. If you're not too familiar with regex make sure you click on the yellow light bulb next to the text field for Transformation Regex. It'll bring up a box that you can use to test your regex with.