cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create business transactions using Mobile Actions

kristof_antheun
Newcomer

Hi,

We have installed agents to monitor our mobile application this weekend. It's working very nicely and I can see every touch in the app as a Mobile Action in the Visits. Now I want to create business transactions to have a complete overview of our application. Normally I create web request based measures to feed my Business Transactions. But in this case I have 2 issues:

1. I would like to use the Mobile Actions in my Business Transactions, so that I can for instance see how many times the app is opened (even without being logged in). This is useful because we do have functionalities which can be used without being logged in. I do can create measures with mobile actions, but I cannot use them in a business transactions? How can I do this?

2. Even if I would like to use web requests for feed my Business Transaction, there is no way to drill down from Mobile Actions to Web Requests. But maybe I'm mistaken.

How would I be able to use Mobile Action info in my Business Transactions?

Kind regards.

1 REPLY 1

mike_shermetaro
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Kristof -

For your business transactions, you need to use either user action or visit based type. Mobile is UEM, therefore to evaluate individual user (mobile) actions select user actions for visit to analyze the whole mobile visit. See screen shot below -

Next, you might want to use a mobile action filter. See screen shots below for examples of mobile specific type measures. You could set a filter on your business transaction to only look at mobile actions in general or a specific one. From the user action purepath, you should be able to drill down to the web requests assuming that the mobile adk is instrumented on an application in which we also have server side agents.