cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to create email group in appmon?

I want to send alerts to list of recipients without having to create list of Users in appmon.

How do I do it?

9 REPLIES 9

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

By 'email group' do you mean 'user group'?

I am not sure. I do not wish to have too many users emails to be included manually each tiome in each incidents. So I want rather to create groups or emails.

However, I wish to avoid creating many user for each user email. (Tedious).

Is there a way without creating Users, I could just simply create group of emails (Not Identities.)

Regards, Rajesh

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Rajesh,

As long as you have a distribution list set up in your email client, you just need to use the distribution list's address in the incidents and the email will go to all users under that list.

AppMon does nothing more than send an email to an endpoint. The same way your email client can send an email to a whole list grouped under one address, the exact same happens in AppMon too.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Radu

Hi Radu, Thanks. However the clientele does not have Inbox (POP/IMAP), so they don't have groups.

I wish to avoid tedious process to create Identities(UserID/PW) in appmon, in order to create group. That's tedious.

Any workaroud?

Regards, Rajesh.

Hi Rajesh,

So, to be clear, you want to create a list/group of emails within AppMon that you can use with just one name as recipient? And you want to achieve this without having to create individual users for all these emails in that list, correct?

Regards,

Radu

Yes ! Exactly.

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution for your scenario. Sorry.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I think the closest you'll be able to get is to create the users once - even if they are accounts with no permissions just to get the email address into the system. Then you can place those in a specific AppMon group and use that group in basic email actions (they don't work with the extended email plugin as far as I'm aware). All AppMon is really made to handle is user accounts so I doubt there is any way to get around creating those for something like this. Even a plugin or extension of the existing one wouldn't have the ability to store a group or anything like that (reliably at least).

James

So apparently no workaround. Okay, then. Wanted to know the same. Thanks All.