cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to custom Purepath window?

ext_dubois_arna
Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to have by default the Start Time column in first in the purepath view?

MOreover, is it possible to display the return column by default?

my goal is to have the screenshot below when I open the purepath view

Thanks for your help

Regards

Arnaud

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Arnaud,

You may have a couple options with this. The first option i recommend is to create a custom dashboard with the purepath dashlet, then set your columns to the location and view you prefer, then simply save that dashboard on the DT server or locally depending on your permissions. Whenever you open that said dashboard your column configuration should remain the same. Remember each column can be moved around within its respective table, much like other table like programs.

The second option, would be to configure a new default column view layout, the right click the columns and save as new default. Now i personally havent tried to configure a custom default column layout but it may be worth exploring. Id recommend option one however for the quickest and most efficent resoultion however. Hope this helps.

ext_dubois_arna
Contributor

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for your answer.

I try the second option but it doesn't work.

My users are not very at ease with dynatrace. That for that I want to modify the default purepath dashboard and not create a new dashboard...

Regards

Arnaud

What you are actually opening is a dashlet, not a dashboard which in this case matters because I don't believe there is any way to save global changes to a dashlet. These dashlets are added to dashboards and after modifying them as Nathan suggests you are saving the dashboard. I think your best bet is to follow Nathan's advice and maybe create a dashboard with just the PurePaths dashlet saved with your desired modifications, and then instructing users to access it this way - you can even save it something as simple as "PurePaths" to avoid confusion.

James

ext_dubois_arna
Contributor

OK, thank you for your answers, I will create a dashboard

Regards

Arnaud