cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to exclude Slow third party content time in User Action PurePaths dashboard :: DT 6.1

Hello,
From User Action PurePaths dashboard I copy all request into one excel-sheet and doing some filtration to get some data by removing IE7,IE8 and Googlebot/2.1 from Client Family column and a local network,a remote network from Location column . As you know each request Response Time [ms] field includes Slow third party content time also. Is there any way we can exclude Slow third party content time by applying some filter or anything else something.
I just want to track the response time of my websites pages only which should not include third party content load time.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The response time for user action PurePaths is based on when the onload event completes within the browser so it is not something that we can really control how it is calculated or filter out certain pieces of the page.

There are some other measures that have variations of the loading times (i.e perceived render time (if the pack is enabled in UEM)) and other browser timings such as DOM Interactive) but to get this information per page you would need to create a business transaction.

If you're only interested in the content you're serving up perhaps the standard PurePath rather than the User Action PurePath might be a better solution.

James

In system profile --> User Experience there is one check box settings to disable capturing of third party resources. I did un-check that checkbox and now I'm not getting any third party request in User Actions PurePaths