cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude purepths with specific IP address in a BT?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

i want to exclude a certain IP/purepath pertaining on a specific IP from being captured in a BT.

Br,

Chris

10 REPLIES 10

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

Any feedback for the above request?

Hi @christopher T.

I haven't tried this one, but I think it should work like that, assuming you're talking about PPs started by WebRequests.

FIrst you need a Web Requests - Client IP Measure like this:

And add it as a filter on your BT.

regards,

Gerald

david_n
Inactive

Hello Christopher,

In the measure screenshot that Gerald shared, you can use the drop-down menu next to "Match" to select "not equals" or "not contains". This should help you to exclude the IP addresses that you do not want to track. Please note that changes to Business Transactions and measures are not retroactive. They are from the point where the change was made onward, this means that you could still see old data being displayed even after you make a change, depending on the timeframe you are displaying.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

I'd actually stick with using the matches, equals, or contains and avoiding the negative ones (not contains, not equals, etc...). Using a lower threshold of 0 as in Gerald's post means it is only including PurePaths that don't have that IP in them.

I think it might be because when you are saying not matches, if at any point there is an IP that doesn't match the one you're trying to filter out then the count will be one regardless of whether the one you want to exclude shows up later meaning that it will be including even if that IP shows up. The alternative of matching it but setting a lower threshold of 0 says that it will only be included if there are 0 occurrences of that IP overall in the PurePath.

Hi,

What I don't like about negative compare is the complexity you get when you need to filter for more complex terms and have to use negative lookbehind regex.

To overcome the described problems with my solution, there is still the possibility to tune the measure with the setting occurrences on purepath. Also changing the aggregation to max or min helps in some usecases.

Regards,

Gerald

Hi Christopher,

You can us regex to tackle this, however regex have bit higher server overhead. Here is a regex from Useful Regular Expressions Page:

1. Capture Any Client IPv4 Except List of IP Address:

Example:

Any IP except: 115.111.198.65 or 123.63.18.114 or 203.27.235.5

^(?!(115\.111\.198\.65|123\.63\.18\.114|203\.27\.235\.5))(.*)

Here, enlist IP addresses and escape dots by \

Regards,

Rajesh.

It is basically negative look ahead over list of IP addresses.

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi All,

Thanks for your support and help.

Let me try to use that and i will give feedback to you soon

Br,

Chris

Let us know if it helps.

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Rajesh,

Am still observing it. i will revert to you soon