cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to extract CPU Utilisation reports in AppMon?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi All,

I would like to extract explicit CPU utilisation reports from AppMon. How to do this?

Br,

Chris

9 REPLIES 9

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Chris,

You can make two different kind of reports e.g. agent base measures and the overall host based.

Simply plot a Dashboard/Dashlet and then add any desired measure so you can split on the agent based if you choose agent based measure and can split on the host based if you choose host based measurements.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks a lot Barba, i appreciated

Chris

Hi Barba,

How to get the CPU and Memory utilisation of Dynatrace agent on the host?

Kindly help because this is urgent

Br,

Chris

Do you mean the CPU/MEM of the instrumented application or the dynatrace agent itself? There is no measure for the latter.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello Chris,

Agent takes minimum 10 MB from your configured JVM/CLR because it is running inside the application process and CPU depends on the selection of sensors/properties and custom sensors etc...therefore, you can use the agent based measures for the JVM, technology based an custom JMX.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks Barba,

Whats the overall CPU utilisation of Dynatrace agent and is it possible to have snapshots from the server? Application owners are urgently requiring for that. They were claiming it(Agent) of having consumed/ loaded the CPU since its running under their JVM process.

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

You can take the CPU sampling for 'Dynatrace Instrumentation CPU overhead'.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks Barbar

Please help me with snapshots on how?

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

From the transaction flow screen, click on the 'Processes' then right click on your desired process and 'Open' and then click on 'CPU Samplings' and then 'Start CPU Sampling'.

Regards,

Babar