cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to filter URL from the Web Server ?

jose_iglesias
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi, guys.

We have a customer that is sharing the Web Server with other applications that belongs to external companies that they want to exclude the traffic from other applications. Since we cannot deploy the Apache at virtual host level, we need a way to exclude all the traffic from the other applications.

I've tried filtering at URL Level, but unfortunatelly (and incredible) we only could filter at URI level... so I cannot set a filter based on host:port for instance.

Do you know if is there a way to do that?

All the best

JMI

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Jose,

I personally haven't been in a situation such as this, but based on your input a couple thoughts come to mind.

1. Im pretty sure that we can define an "application" in the dynatrace sense via system profile config. This would also allow you to filter based on host/port combination. Here is the link to the conceptual overview of Application definitions in dynatrace. I recommend you review this to see if it could address your issue.

2. Assuming you were able to define that application via the dynatrace system profile config, you can configure the agent to not capture data of other applications that do not fit your desired application config

I hope this helps.

jose_iglesias
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Good point, Nathan. It's a good workaround! On the other hand, this make me think in some cases that the URI filter is not enough,.. for instance is very common that some URI's could exists in different Applications or hosts... what if I need to exclude the URI only for one application? May be it could more easy if we exclude URL's instead of URI's.

Thanks, man!

All the best

JMI