cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter a specific application for user action in a BT?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

Any expert to help me to filter out only application for a user action in a BT

7 REPLIES 7

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Chris,

Please let me know more details on your desired BT outcome if the below response isn't accurate:

From your question, I assume you're trying to calculate response time, failure rate, and count on different user actions for only one specific application.

In this case, you would select the calculate business transaction per user action and filter on a custom user action count measure that has a upper threshold of 1 and on the details side of the measure, only calculate for the specific application.

Your split would be user actions and you could leave the default calculate results.

For this configuration, you may want to check the "store results in the performance warehouse" off until you verify the number of splits before you store the date in the performance warehouse as it will make a new split for every type of user action and could be quite a lot of splits.

Hope this helps!

Jason

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Chris,

There are a couple of Built In BTs that may help. One is "User Action Apdex by Country". Since there is an application split for it, this might help you get the overall response time/failure rate for a specific application by using an application filter on this BT.

HTH,

dave

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks for your kind support from you all,

Ok what i need is that, when a user e.g, clicks on "submit", i only capture that application on which s/he has performed that action. There are very many applications with that "submit" action but i only want to filter out only one application in the BT. i.e if its Concierge, i create a BT for Concierge. If its SOA, i create for SOA etc. The challenge i face is that i create a measure e.g for "submit" user action for e.g Concierge app and filter out in a BT but i end getting results on split for all apps!

I hope you understand me.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Chris,

Edit your filter measure in the BT and select the Details tab, then set the Applications property to "calculate only for selected applications", and select the application(s) of interest.

HTH,

dave

Hi Dave,

Reproduced the same scenario in my test environment, for me application property is grade out.Measure created to fetch argument value from java method, could you please explain why is this grade out(disabled).

BR

Soorya Mohan

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help, you really hit the snake on head. I finally got what i wanted. Thank a lot

Br,

Chris

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Soorya,

Can you provide screen shots of the BT and the filter measure?

Thanks,

dave