cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to filter bt for more than 1 UA ?

danielbr
Helper

Hi,

Customer wishes to have BT that filters in a UA generated by a user more than 1 time.

That is, if a user had performed a specific action (finished a business process) for more than 1 time, he wishes to have it displayed.

Ideally, a Visit BT with filter of >1 of that UA would have been a solution. However this should apply for a period longer than a visit duration...

Does anyone have an idea how should i define a BT that collects only UA that were performed more than 1 time by the same user - or atleast a way to filter for only those on a dashlet?

10x,

Daniel

1 REPLY 1

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This sounds tricky and I don't think you'll be able to get exactly the behavior that you're looking for. The visit is the largest "unit" that can be evaluated in a business transaction so I wouldn't think you would be able to use any filter to only include users that have performed a given action more than once for any timeframe longer than that.

One thing I might think of is to create a business transaction that is just a count of that user action as the result measure and is split by user (depending on how frequent this action is performed you may need to turn off storage in the Performance Warehouse to avoid overloading it). This would give you a count of users who have performed that action and the number of times it was performed per each splitting - although since it will include any user who performed this action it wouldn't be effective as a filter for only those who have performed it more than once.

James