cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter on 2 URI's

kristof_antheun
Newcomer

I have a list of tagged web requests which I would like to further analyse. However I would like to filter the data so that I keep only data with 2 different URI names. Is it possible to use a sort of OR/AND functionality in the Purepath URI filter?

7 REPLIES 7

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Kristof,

Do the 2 URIs have anything in common so that you can use the 'contains' filter?

If not, I would recommend creating a Business Transaction and using the 2 URIs as the Filters (and since you are referring to only Tagged Web Requests, make sure to use that as a filter too).

Let me know if you run into any issues creating the BT.

Thanks,

Ari

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Kristof,

Are you any good at regex?

The normal dashlet filter should allow you to use regex on the URI pattern. You can use a pipe to add options to your regex (URI1 | URI2).

This filter can be used on PurePaths, Web Requests, Tagged Web Requests, etc.

Hope this helps.

Radu

kristof_antheun
Newcomer

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not good at regex, but I found some information and was able to create the following. (MHB|OVN)(.*) which (I assume)regex.png would give me all the web requests starting with MHB and OVN. However nothing is showing in the dashlet. And if I only put only MHB or OVN, he will show the right web requests. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Kind regards.

So MHB.* or OVN.* work correctly, but (MHB|OVN).* does not?

kristof_antheun
Newcomer

No, from the moment I use the regex in the WebRequest filter, it doesn't give any results.... So non of the above works. It's only when I filter on Purepath URI (Name contains MHB) that I have a result. But there is no regex option in the Purepath filter.

Oh, right. My apologies for the confusion, although the web requests regex filter option also appears on the PurePaths dashlet, the effects of the URI regex filter only apply to the Web Requests and Tagged Web Requests dashlets. You can use your regex on one of these ones, and drill down from there into the PurePaths to get that view. You can select all web requests and drill down to PurePaths to keep all the data together.

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Another thing you could do depending on what your end goal is (seems like its just analyzing a subset of PurePaths?) is open up two dashlets of PurePaths and apply individual dashlet specific filters for both types of URIs.

So, you'll have one PurePaths dashlet open filtering on just MHB and another PurePaths dashlet filtering just on OVN.

I would still recommend creating a Business Transaction since you'll be able to do much better analysis but this could work as a temporary solution as well.

Hope this helps,

Ari