cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to get Dynatrace usage statistics itself

a_demol
Participant

Hi all,

How to get Dynatrace usage statistics itself ?

In my Dynatrace 6.3 client, I have some reports in the "Status Overview - Deployment Health" part, and I have nothing in the "dynatrace self-monitoring" part. But I don't find what I need

I only would like to build / get the best dahboard to understand what users do in our dynatrace and when ... (number of users, number of different user by day, which functions they use which agents are the most used, how many time they keep their session open, etc...).

Would someone have any track to be followed ?...

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Arnaud,

You can get almost all the statistics about DynaTrace from the dynaTrace Self-Monitoring profile.

For the users activity information and the matrices we use UEM in our environment.

Regards,

Babar

a_demol
Participant

Thank you Babar,

And could you add details please ? I have indeed the same measures types in the "dynatrace self monitoring" system profile, but I have no idea about what to choose to get what I need... For example, which measur can I choose to display the number of different users using DT (per minute, hour, day, ...) ?

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Arnaud,

If you have UEM Volume then you can simply add the analysis dashlet then choose the add series and then the visit count measurement.

To get the unique User Name / ID, we use visit tagging.

Regards,

Babar

a_demol
Participant

OK,

Find below what I have as "visits" measures:

I tried all these measures... but unsuccessfully. Maybe UEM measures are regarding the web visits in some monitored web applications (so: not dynatrace itself, because we have no dynatrace web interface). And, for instant, I can not split them with a unique ID tag.

I found the "Number of clients" measure:

It seems it could fit a little bit my need, but nothing is explained about what is a "connected client" and I have no other measure to compare and unsderstand.

Arnaud

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Arnaud,

I think there is a kind misunderstanding in between you are asking and I am explaining :).

Again I am guessing that actually you are taking about Dynatrace Client connected to the Dynatrace server.

Out of the box Dynatrace don't have this information but you can use the plugin User Logins Plugin and secondly from the Start Center > Monitoring > dynatrace Server Health you can see the connect client.

Regards,

Babar