cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Page Title in Dynatrace

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi Experts,

As dynatrace provides one of the measure called "Page Actions - Name" which provides different aspects of user actions such as we can define below filters -

Action Name

Action Type

Source Page Title

Source URI

Target Page Title

Target URI

I am trying to add this specific measure to my business transaction either as a result or as a split but I am not getting this measure listed on measures list.

I am not even able to chart this measure.

Basically my requirement is to get all Page Titles of my applications in a business transaction or in a chart, so that i could export this data in a report. Please suggest how can i filter any User Action by Page Titles.

Could anyone please help me on this

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Bharti G.

11 REPLIES 11

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Bharti,

Have you tried to create a new measure, perhaps the 'Page Actions - Name" measure can be used but you need to edit your system profile and create a new instance of this measure.

As far as using it in a business transaction, you would want this as a splitting measure, as this measure would be a string value, you could chart the count, but it would be more useful in a business transaction. This is also assuming that you have UEM enabled on the target applications, as this is a UEM measure. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Hope this helps.

-Cody

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi @Cody K. ,

Yes we do have UEM enabled on our applications. I tried to create new measure for "Page Actions -Name" but still its not allowing me to add that measure into my business transaction neither as a Result measure nor as a Splits.

Another question is "Source Title" and "Target Title" we use to get in User Actions, how could we get that data from their and export into any dashboard or report.

My requirement is very simple, i just need to generate a report for all the applications with Page Titles.

Please suggest what needs to be done.

Thanks

Bharti G.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Bharti,

When creating the business transaction, did you change the type of calculation to be per "User Action"? If you don't use user action or visit, then UEM based measures can't be used as a splitting, see the screenshot below.

Thanks!

-Cody

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi @Cody K., As i can see in your screenshot we need to select the option "User Action" than only we can use UEM measures but it seems due to some security reason that option is disabled for me and by default it has selected as "Server Side PurePath" option.

Thanks a lot for your help. i will try to get this option enabled and then will try.

Thanks & Regards

Bharti G.

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Bharti, It sounds like your trying to edit an existing BT. This setting purepath > user action > visit that you can't edit once you've created the BT. Try creating a brand new BT.

gaur_bharti
Guide

Thanks a lot @Adam G. I have created a new BT and now I am able to get that measure (Page Actions - Name) in my BT. I have added that measure as a split and all other Result and Filter options I kept empty but I am not sure still I can I get Source Title in a BT.

As we get this option in User Action, how can we chart it so that we will get only Page Title in a dashlet or report.

Thanks

Bharti G.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Bharti,

You can right click the new Business Transaction in the main menu under your system profile and open the Business transaction in a new or currently existing dashboard, or you could also open it in Business Transaction Hotspots, which will list all the splitting result measures, and make a report from that dashboard.

You could add the splitting results to a chart, but I suspect there may be a large number of splittings, and they may not be readable.

Thanks,

-Cody

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi @Cody K. I have created a separate BT as suggested by @Adam G. and use the "Page Action - Name" measure as split in my BT. When I double clicked on BT I am getting pages name in Splitting.

but not able to chart that split. Its not reflecting in list while getting measures list.

I am getting page name in Splitting like 'Loading of HomePage.do' --> Page_Name.

Now my concern is I need to make some regex to extract just Page_Name out of whole line I am getting in Splitting and chart them in a report.

Thanks @Adam G. and @Cody K. for getting at least this much done.

Thanks

Bharti G.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi @Bharti G.

If you chart one of the measures, such as count or user action response time, you can then choose "Page Name" as your splitting, and that should chart them. Alternatively, you can right click and open in "Business transaction hotspots" and that would list your splittings.

-Cody

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Bharti,

Can you share a screenshot of the BT configuration? That would help us understand better what is happening, it seems like the splitting is using both the user action and the page name combined if I'm understanding your last comment correctly. Thanks.

-Cody

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi @Cody K. , @Adam G. I have created a business transaction and splitting it with Target Page Title, I have also enabled the option of Target URI, and i am getting URI as well with the page title.

Now my requirement is i need to search for those pages which doesn't has page title in it, means pages with blank page title.

Could you please suggest what regex i should right to check for the condition where Target Page Title = blank.

Apprecaite your expert advice.