cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get UEM working when WebLogic or JBoss is used as the web server

george_demeeste
Inactive

Everything is up and running... and capturing purepaths, but we're not getting any of the UEM metrics. Everything is being shown as a web request. No browser or desktop.

7 REPLIES 7

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello George,

I believe that UEM volume is added 🙂

Check 'Capturing' settings from the 'User Experience'

Check the Sensors Configuration for the 'User Experience' sensor pack available / active.

If the above everything have been placed correctly then we can move forward for the JavaScript Agent settings.

Regards,

Babar

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is the "User Experience" sensor pack placed and active for this tier? (Check system profile -> agent group -> sensor placement / configuration)

george_demeeste
Inactive

Yeah, the capturing to set and the sensor is active

I did notice that the Agent location had a value that was not just "/" as shown in your picture. I changed it and will see what happens, but I believe the agent may not be in the root... so I'll have to ask an admin to go find it.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi George,

Here are the general troubleshooting steps I take when UEM is not working

1. Use the UEM Health Check via Start Center/Monitoring tab

2. View page source to be sure the "dtagent" JS is injected.

3. Make sure the "dtagent" JS is downloading (in a decent view page source you can just click on the script to see, not so in IE of course)

4. Try sending the dynaTraceMonitor signal and see what response you get. It will be something like FL (WebServer) or FL (Java) if the signal is reaching the agent.

5. If all that works, use Dev Tools or Fiddler to watch the traffic and see if the JS download is getting a 200 and the dynaTraceMonitor is getting a 200.

If all this fails, search the community for "UEM Troubleshooting"

HTH,

dave

george_demeeste
Inactive

Finally go someone to do a production login and see what is happening on the page.

The loading of the dtagent is giving a 404 error, so it's not finding it.

George

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello George,

The Agent URL is not reachable. The may be due to one of the following:

• The Agent path is not handled by a web server with an installed Agent. A typical case is a Java server with an application that runs in a sub-path (e.g. /app/) but no root application is available. When the JavaScript Agent is requested from the root path, it fails.
  • The path of the Agent is not handled by the servlet engine itself, but by a custom part of the app server. (WebSphere sometimes does that for static content). For more information, see KB-464 Requests to dtagent_XXX.js and dynaTrace Monitor result in a 404.
  • The Agent path is blocked by a firewall.

Regards,

Babar

george_demeeste
Inactive

I had to go into the developer tools in Chrome and look at the page to see where the team had put the application. Once I saw the directory, I updated the profile and it started working.

Thanks everyone