cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get an Alert of License about to Expired days before the expiration date?

Hi,

I suppose in DCRUM this is an automatic built-in feature, whenever I open the CAS dashboard this warning would prompt out after I login as admin, a week or few days before the license expired.

However, is this achievable in AppMon? I mean, in the OOTB incidents there it seems like you can only get alerted ONCE it is expired, instead of FEW DAYS BEFORE the license expired, and we can't change the default evaluation threshold (10s) of OOTB incidents rules.

Any idea of how I can get license expiration warning days before? AFAIK this alerting can be done for UEM voucher, but doesn't seems to be the case for the AppMon license.

4 REPLIES 4

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Wai,

I also tried to find the way but could not find except the following Server Management (REST). Where we can see the expiration date and the date should be appear in case of Trail License because perpetual license does not has any expiry date.

https://localhost:8021/rest/management/server/license

Regards,

Babar

alexander_zagor
Advisor

Sounds like another RFE.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Wai, This type of feature did not seem necessary as Perpetual keys don't have an expiration. However I can see where this might be useful. While you wait for the RFE to be implemented, what about writing a quick plugin which uses the REST interface to extract the license Expiration field and doing some quick date math, and raising an incident via the REST interface if appropriate.

joe hoffman

Just out of curiousity:

Definitely can do that in DCRUM with Classical AMD, how about DCRUM with High Speed AMD? (I still haven't get the chance to play with HSAMD).

If High Speed AMD also can't, then when file a RFE, this wouldn't be just a RFE for AppMon Forum, but also a RFE for DCRUM forum.