cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get response time for web service

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Hi,

I created Business transaction for particular web service and if do charting of response time for that web service it was giving the value of entire pure path response time.

can someone help me how can we get response time for web service.

Thanks,

Tarun

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You'll need to create a measure for that web service's time and then add it to the Calculated Results field for your business transaction. Once you have this measure added it will be available in the results of your business transaction:

EDIT: Above answer applies if you want to filter to a set of PurePaths, but reading you question again if you are only interested in the service response time you can just create the above measure and it will be available. No need to add it to a BT if you are only filtering by this web service.

James

Hi James,

Is there a way we can setup alerts for failed transaction count when consecutive errors occuring. Suppose consecutive error count is >3 then need to trigger alert.

Thanks,

Tarun

You can do something like play with the aggregations to get behavior like that: set maybe a 5 minute window and set the aggregation as min so that you will only trigger an incident if all calls take higher than the threshold over a 5 minute period.

Or you can create a measure for Threshold Violations -> Count where you will pick a measure (you would pick the one you have just created and leave those thresholds as they are) and then the thresholds that you set within this new measure will be for the number of times that threshold is violated which is what you are looking for. So you would create that new measure with the threshold as three and have your incident use this measure with the timeframe that makes sense to you. Note that I don't think you'll be able to wait for or determine consecutive errors but this is probably the closest you will get.

James