cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the number of users landing on a particular page

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Hi all,

our customer is trying to compare the user that are visiting his site with the number returned by Google Analytics. As far as I know there are some points that can alter these information, as visit duration, % of traffic captured and so on.

He decided to create a non-linked page and now we are accessing and generating traffic.

I tried to create a custom metric from web request but when I choose "equal" in URI pattern it doesn't work. If I select contains, it works but get other web pages that contains the pattern...

Any idea?

regards

Davide

6 REPLIES 6

rick_boyd
Mentor

What are the 'equals' and 'contains' patterns you are using? there might be something that can be done at that level still

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Hi Rick,

I need the number of users that lands on www.mysite.com/mw/video

I create my measure as the picture attached (measure01.jpg)

unfortunately I retrive other page like www.mysite.com/mw/video123 or www.mysite.com/mw/video123

So I choose to change match type from contains to equals or matches (measure02.jpg) but I'm no more able to see any visit.

What am I missing?
measure01.jpgmeasure02.jpg

Otherwise, have you any idea to get this information?

regards,
Davide

Hi David,

You can use "ends with" instead of contains or equal.

regards,

Dattatray

davide_mascolo
Contributor
webrequest03.jpg

Hi Dattatray,

thank you for you suggestion. I tried but I don't see any visit. See attached pictures:

webrequest03.jpg --> I can see visits to my page

measurechart.jpg --> no data available.

Davide

it looks like you're doing everything right. if you feel comfortable sharing with me, you can export a purepath and send it over (rick.boyd@us.ibm.com), and i can try some things, but you may be best off opening a support ticket since it simply seems to be not working as designed

the export should be a visit or at the very least a user action, actually