cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to locate Session Attributes?

davisont
Guide

Hello,

Very rookie question here. I know where to find the "Request Header", "Response Header", and "Request Parameters" in the Web Request details. However, where do I go to see the "Session Attributes"?

Thank you for your help,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

ari_polavarapu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Tom,

You'd have to go to the sensor configurations for 'Servlet'. There, you'll have the option of locating session attributes as seen in the screenshot. Once you specify which attributes you'd like to see, you will be able to see in the same Details view on the first node of the PurePath

Hope that helps,

Ari

davisont
Guide

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I have the "Session Attribute" configured for the servlet the same as what is in the screenshot you provided. I just can't seem to find the Session Attributes in the Details. I know this is user error. : )

What I'm doing is opening the PurePath Dashboard --> Selecting a PurePath --> Selecting the top Method in the PurePath Tree --> Selecting Details. the top method for me is doFilter. I see Web Request Details and Request Headers, but no Session Attributes section.

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think an issue here is that sometime the wildcard will not show up in the details. Try setting the attribute to a specific value that you would like to extract.

davisont
Guide

Thank you, I will try a specific value, at the moment, I am not sure what values are available. I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right Details screen to see the sessions.

Thanks for all the help,

Tom