cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure agent metrics (not purepath metrics)

dbusquets
Organizer

Hi,

A customer wants to have a Dashboard with metrics of his architecture's components.

We have an agent instrumenting each architecture component. For example: Zuul's component maps with an specific agent, Eureka's component maps with another specific agent, etc.

The key of this Dashboard is that they want to kwnow the number of transactions received in each agent, average/maximum response times, errors and excepcions throwed by each architecture component, that is, each agent.

Notice that we don't want to know purepath metrics, but agent specific metrics. It's about monitoring each architecture component by separate, in an agent perspective.

Any ideas? Is it possible?

P.D.: We tried to check "Total purepath count"'s column of "Status overview" Dashboard for an specific agent, but that number doesn't match with a Count of Purepaths splitted by the agent (with correlated agents or without correlated agents, those numbers doesn't match).

Thanks!
Daniel

5 REPLIES 5

dbusquets
Organizer

Hi,

We've found something close to what we want, but it has still some inconvenients...

In TX Flow you can see how many incoming calls is receiving one specific node-agent, average response time and execution time:

It seems there are no measures like "incoming calls" or something similar, so... anyone knows if its possible to chart that TX flow details?

Thanks,

Daniel

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Daniel,

What about the Web Server 'Request' measure split by agent?

Regards,

Babar

Thank you Babar, but this metric is only for web server agents, which are the minor part of the architecture...

Hello Daniel,

May be my understating is not correct but what I understand from your requirements that you are looking only for the incoming calls made by the web server agent to the app serve agent.

You can double check e.g. plot a dual axis chart and then on the left side add the Web Server Agent and on the right side add the PurePath response time and change the aggregation from average to count then you will find the count is almost same for both tiers.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

If I do that, I'm assuming that one web server sends his requests only to one specific app server, that's not true because one apache can send requests to many others app servers.

Another point is that not all calls that are made are passing thru web servers...