cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How to monitor POST parameters of web requests in a visit ?

ssakiz
Newcomer

Hi,

We want to see POST parameters.

We have JVMs in agent group AAAAA.

We made the following configuration for this agent group. ( dynatrace_appmon_image_1.jpg )

Configure the properties of the Servlet Sensor :

System Profile(test) --> agent group AAAAA --> Sensor Configuration --> Servlets --> Parameters and Attributes --> Source --> Request Parameter --> *

When we go to PurePath doPost method line is not in bold and when we click details we could not see the POST parameters..

How can we see the POST parameters ?

Thanks.

Semih.

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The gray nodes are from autosensors, which means they are captured based on snapshots at intervals of what is executing in the cpu as opposed to the darker nodes which have sensors explicitly placed for them which allows you to see more detailed data, timings, and anything that is captured. Most of the time the entry point for the PurePath at the top is where you'll see those details. I assume the fact that the class for that doPost isn't one of the ones that is instrumented out of the box is the reason you only see that via autosensors. Below is one you would be able to right click and get more details for:

There could be more going on here but that is one clear reason why you wouldn't be able to see it there.

James

ssakiz
Newcomer
Hi,

Thanks for the valuable information.

Unfortunately details of doFilter does not show the POST parameters..

I will try to attach screenshots..

ssakiz
Newcomer
Sorryy.

My mistake I have seen the POST paramter in details of doFilter and service.

Thanks alot.

Semih