cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename existing applications in Dynatrace?

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi Experts,

We have instrumented few applications with dynatrace and get the purepaths and all details for those applications, but recently we have started using REST services in our applications. We want to rename the applications in dynatrace which we have already instrumented with dynatrace but haven't got any option for that. We want to mention "REST" word in the application name itself so that it will be easy to identify all those applications having REST calls.

Could anyone please help how can we rename the existing applications in dynatrace.

Only option we left with is to create a copy of those application but we don't want to do that as we do have more than 40 applications and creating copy would not be a good idea as it may have huge overhead on dynatrace server.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards

Bharti Gaur

6 REPLIES 6

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hi Bharti,

Have you tried option mentioned in below screenshot?

Please read the warning carefully & then only apply the changes.

BR,

AK

gaur_bharti
Guide

Thanks for your reply AK, but I don't want to edit the system profile, I want to rename the applications.

When you double click on System Profile -> Left side pane, Click on Applications (It will list down all the applications you have instrumented with Dynatrace) those I want to rename.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Bharti,

I guess the only option is to create a copy of those application to provide the meaningful name especially in the case of detect application automatically mode but I am wondering that might be you will lose all the baselines of auto/manual transactions.

Regards,

Babar

gaur_bharti
Guide

Yes @Babar Q. that is the problem, if we create new copy and delete old one we would lost all historical data for that application.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Bharti G.

Barthi,

After creating a new application with its rules, take the rules out of the old applications definition and set lowest priority. Rather than deleting the application, should you need to access its data still it will be there and no new traffic will be captured for it.

Gary

gaur_bharti
Guide

Thanks for your inputs @Gary S.

As we don't have any other alternative will create a copy of old applications.