cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rollback upgrade from one host?

dravisaanka
Guide

Hi all,

We recently upgraded to 7.1 from 7.0. During the upgrade, we were faced with an issue for .NET agent. The issue was that the agents did not get upgraded automatically after the restart. In order to resolve the issue, we had to manually install the agent in the host.

Is there anyway to rollback to 7.0 just for that server and run an upgrade to see what went wrong? We are planning to work with DT support on with this. Wanted to know if anyone has already done this earlier.

2 REPLIES 2

david_n
Inactive

Hello Devi, as far as I know the only way to perform a rollback on a specific host is to do something similar to what you did...install the version that you want manually. But this means that you can't then go and upgrade the server again to see if this host will upgrade because in order to try that you would have to rollback the entire server and then run the upgrade again. I would not recommend this unless you are in a lower environment where you have complete freedom to run these operations without affecting major systems.

I would definitely reach out to support like you suggested and give them more details about what you experienced and what you are trying to do in order to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

thomas_klambaue
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Devi,

as David mentioned, we only support to restore backups, as for instance server files are already upgraded to new formats etc. So if you have a migration archive for the 7.0 files / server you could restore those.

Note that there are a number of reasons why an agents does not upgrade:

* Manually disable updates in the server settings / updates dialog

* Old collector (still on 7.0)

* Agent was manually installed so that it never updates (no bootstrapper)

If you open a ticket, be sure to include a support archive and agent logs and the time when you restarted + expected to update.

Best regards,

Thomas