Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tie a purepath/webrequest to an application whose method is Stub$Invoke

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hello Experts,
Can you please help me with below tqo questions

Q1)

How can I tie a purepath to an application whose first method is invoke() method of a Web Service. Currently these purepaths getting grouped in default application category.
I tried to define the application based on the entry point(right click on purepath --> Drill down to Entry Points --> Entry Point) but still these purepaths are falling under default application.
I need the application to be tagged to these purepaths as I want to use smart alerting for a custom BT I have built.

Q2)
Its kind of related to above Q. Is it a best practice to set the sensor capture on "Java Web Services" to 'active and start PurePaths'? What information I will loose if I change it to Active only?
I think because of this setting its web service call is appearing as first method in above purepaths.

Thanks,
Keshav

purepath.png
applicationdefinition.png
entrypoint.png
methoddetails.png

1 REPLY 1

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Keshav,

Following is the answer to your second question:

• active: Visible inside an existing PurePath, but this Sensor is not en entry point for new PurePaths.
  • active and start PurePaths: Visible inside an existing PurePath and start a new PurePath if not yet started.

Following is the somehow explanation to your first question:

• The fully qualified method name of the entry point is compared with the Entry Points patterns. The topmost matching pattern is applied. This method has priority over Messaging and Web/Mobile patterns.
  • Only the entry point of the PurePath is used, no arbitrary nodes or subpaths.
  • If multiple applications would match (due to overlapping patterns) with the same technology priority, the topmost application (as ordered in System Profile / Applications / User-defined Applications) is used.
  • Applications detected by web application ID cannot be used for application-specific settings, because this detection mechanism is not implemented on Agents, but only on the AppMon Server side.

Regards,

Babar