cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

HttpClient class and the executeMethod is in the sensor pack but still unable to capture response time

bhaskarj
Newcomer

HttpClient class and the executeMethod is in the sensor pack but still unable to capture the response times. Is this anything to do with the asynchronous calls? As in my case it is an asynchronous call, although there is no issue capturing the synchronous calls.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Bhaskar, Question is not very clear. Could add more details? Also, check if you have configured your tiers with respect to appropriate technology (JVM, CLR, Web Logic, WAS etc.). Another reason why you are seeing these organic nodes in PurePath is due to auto sensors. In any case you should avoid placing explicit method argument/return value sensors on low level APIs.

If you have any other question let me know, with snapshots.

Rajesh.

bhaskarj
Newcomer

Hi Rajesh, Thanks for your response, Yes all the configurations are in place. My aim is to capture the third party response time within a business transaction.

There is a business requirement to minus out the third party time form the total response time of a business transaction. Is there a way to capture the auto sensors even though they are not accurate?

You can get the third part web response using the "Time (Web Request)" measure. I am not sure you can get response time excluding the RT for the third part calls.

bhaskarj
Newcomer

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your response and the screen shot. The above solution works although there is a slight change I have made to place the argument value under URI (ex: /xxxx). Dynatrace actually picks up the argument value from of the server method if there is one in the purepath but not the argument form the client method (executeMethod).

Now I am able to see the response times. Appreciate your time. Thanks.

Select my answer as best 😉

syam_kurcheti
Newcomer

Hi I have one more question about this method. we have 2 regions , i could see this method took some time in one region and in another region it didn't take. can any one have an idea about this.

Hi Shyam, Not clear can pl. you explain well?

syam_kurcheti
Newcomer

Hi Rajesh thanks for response. actually we have 2 regions means active and passive regions. whenever we want to migrate the traffic from one region(active) to another region(passive). so we analyze the purepaths in dynatrace, in one region the above method is taking too much time compared to another region. please let me know if you have any idea.