I have performed instrumentation of an Hybrid adroid Single Page (SPA) app based on IBM MF+Cordova+Knockout and other JS technology using Dynatrace ADK 6.5 (dtagent6513_vxjqpt23ra_1014.js - precisely).
I have seen following behaviours and issues explained along (kindy bare with me):
1. When App starts the JS Agent is loaded first in index.html. The agent starts reporting events to 'Default Application' so the 'loading of index.html' is reported first. But after this all the auto-detected events are reported to another custom application tab (as shown in snapshot01). The result is also indicated in snapshot. This visit is actually split into another visit.
So in effect I am having two visits - One reported to 'Default' and other to my custom app.
Clearly, every action and events must be reported to single application, making only one visit. Not split.
2. Another Problem starts occuring when I disable UEM in 'Default Application' tab and enable only in my custom app tab. The auto-detected events stop getting posted (which is exptected too along with custom reported events). DT only get the actions which are explicitly reported by my custom functions(as in the CustomFunction.txt).
3. Only the custom reported events have the Server Side pure path, rest have None!
I am aware I might require to raise support case in the end, but just in case, if anyone can suggest something will be much appreciated.
I would concentrate on getting the index.html page mapped to the same application name as your other traffic. Have you tried to set up Applications Mapping in your system profile yet? I would start with a rule like "contains /" to get all traffic into the same application name.
Hello Dave, I did unchecked manual application mapping and defined rule for Mobile/Web contains '<mydomainname>' (omitting domain name on purpose) in Apllication Setting But I would definately give "/" it a try. Thanks!
We had the same situation after instrumenting the same type of application and then we did few following settings to club everything under on single application.
You can also try the above meanwhile someone else can contribute his/her experience.
you mentioned you manually instrumented your app. If you did not run the Android auto instrumentor you will have to manually register the web views for the mobile agent to be able to communicate with the JS agent that's running inside the web view.
See the doc for details: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...
No, I have not tried that. The PoC was performed earlier with bootstrap way. Now Its deprecated. However, I have created sample web pages to test UEM myself. There too I found my closely loaded pages were being split (even if these had same application). I think this is not related to system profile or app name.
Thanks for suggestion, Babar.
One more thing which we did on our side to combine all the 'Client' and 'Server' side user actions in the single application and for that purpose we created a logical application and took the 'initcode' from that UE to insert in the index.html as a first script tag in the <head>.
We have exactly the same issue.
Both the JS agent (statically injected) and the Mobile ADK for IOS are implemented.