cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot connect to AppMon Server from either client or Collector, what could be the problem?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

I installed AppMon Server on the Unix box. i followed all the instructions as guided on Dynatrace portal, but unfortunately i cannot connect. i issued "netstat" command to see whether ports are seen but were not there. what could be the problem?

Br,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

mike_shermetaro
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

I would make sure that 1.) all firewall/port considerations are opened from where you have dynatrace client running to the server. 2.) the server actually has two processes (frontend and backend) for the server. Make sure both processes are running. In the dynatrace server install directory > init.d, you will see the respective startup scripts that can assist here. The dynaTraceServer script will start both the frontend server and backend server processes.

Check out the documentation for further info - https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks very much Micheal,

The issue was the firewall and the backend server was not running and its fine now. So then also help me on how to not use the "embedded" database to Oracle.

Br Chris

Chris,

For connecting to an external database (Oracle in this case) for the Performance Warehouse, please refer to:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Jacob P.

Thanks Jacob,

I need you to clarify me in two things,

1. do i need to install ORACLE from there?

2.Shall the database(Performance Ware House) be created there automatically?

Br,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Oracle should be already present in external server.Create DB for the PW(say Dynatrace_PW)

In setting ->Dynatrace server -> Performance Warehouse -> Select "Oracle" as DBMS -> Database name as "Dynatrace_PW" -> username and password for Oracle Login(has access of read/write permission to the database -> DB port as "1521(default oracle port)" -> click on "Test Connection".

Be make sure that port 1521 be opened between dynatrace server and External server(where oracle is installed)

Hope this may help!!

BR

Soorya Mohan

Is this for a local install or do you want to connect to a DB on another server?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Jacob,

At the moment is local but shall be external later.

Br,

Chris