cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

I had created production use case by using java method name. But this use case is not getting capturing. Can any one guide me if anything steps configuration are wrongly done.

vivek_devisetty
Newcomer

I had created prod use case by using java method name. But this use case is not getting capturing. can any one guide me if anything is wrongly configured.

Method: createWPs(com.asml.sfcpom.wp.service.msg.ScheduleWorkPlaceGroupRequest)

7 REPLIES 7

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Vivek,

It's unclear what you're trying to do. Can you explain your goal. For example, do you want to track the response time of all calls to WebService, no matter which endpoint is called?

Hi Joe,

I am suppose to track the purepath response time for this java method-"createWPs(com.asml.sfcpom.wp.service.msg.ScheduleWorkPlaceGroupRequest) ".

So I have created Business transaction as "Server side purepath" and metric as "Web services" and entered the above method in method value checkbox. and there is no end point for it.

After I have created measure with this business transaction. It is not getting capturing.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I would use a different measure type. Instead use the Serverside Performance -> Transaction Based -> Methods -> Time. Then complete the class and method fields using the dialog, that way you're ensured to get them identified without any signature errors.

Hi Joe,

As mentioned, I have configured this use case followed with above mentioned steps..

I have Selected ServerSide performance--> Transaction Based Filter--> Web Service Method Name--> Entered the Method value as "CreateWorkPackage(com.asml.sfcpom.wp.service.msg.

ScheduleWorkPlaceGroupRequest)". But it is still not getting capturing.

Attached screen prints below. Can you please look into it and kindly help.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You're using the WebService measure, but i suggest you try using the Method measure. It can be found at Serverside Performance -> Transaction Based -> Methods -> Time.

vivek_devisetty
Newcomer

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion.

As suggested, I have selected Serverside Performance -> Transaction Based -> Methods

But from Methods, which option do I need to select from the below mentioned screenshot. As there is no "Time" option available in this drop down.

Your screenshot shows that you are trying to select an existing measure. But you need to create a new measure. To do this, select the "Create" button and drill down from there to create a new measure to capture this specific method time metric.