cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

IIB Measures and Metrics

butzowj
Guide

Hello,

We are using IIB instead of IBM Wesphere Message Broker. We are able to see transactions pass through IIB in the transaction flow, which is great, but we are not able to pull any performance measures out of IIB for charting (i.e. threading metrics, queueing metrics, etc...).

Is there any way to configure dynatrace agents to pull performance data from IIB?

Thanks!

JB

5 REPLIES 5

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Joel,

Would this information be available through JMX?

Kristof -

The problem is that the agent doesn't seem to be recognized as java or websphere when I go to add or create measures - i.e. when I go to create a JMX (or other java) measure on the IIB agents, the dT client tells me to "please select a java agent". The information is probably available through JMX, but from what I can tell the agent isn't able to gather the metrics from the IIB instance and I may have to use a monitoring collector, which is not ideal.

Thanks!

JB

In the spirit of "better late than never": you could use the JMX monitor to gather those statistics externally. Would that be an option?

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/JMX+Enhanced+Monitor+Plugin

vladislav_samoy
Inactive

Hello everybody!

Do we have any changes in IIB agent since last post? I hope yes. I have the same question and looking for a way to solve it

lgmitraud
Inactive

Hi Folks!

any news on this?

I've tried the Enhanced JMX plugin, but it seems it does not support Websphere JMX.

Any insights?