cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

IP address will change - what I need to change in APPMON and DC-RUM ?

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Hi all,

in the next days our customer will change the IP address of its institutional site.

What am I trying to figure out is what I should probably change in AppMon and/or DC-Rum in order to align to new changes.

About AppMon I think I don't have any changes to do, because the agents are running on the webservers installed behind the load balancer.

Regarding DC-Rum, I started to analyze all the software services, looking for the "old" IP and planing to move to "new" IP.

Is this enough? There are other things to take care that I forgot to consider?

Thank you for your attention.

regards,
Davide

5 REPLIES 5

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Some things to think about from an AppMon Perspective:

Do you have any custom geographical locations set up in AppMon? These will most likely reflect your old IP ranges so will need to be adjusted.

Are any of your measures or BTs based on the IP ranges (for example API calls to microservices which explicitly include the IP address?)

Are the IP addresses of your agents / collectors / server(s) changing? If so you'll need to update your deployment otherwise components would be pointing at the wrong places (eg. agent is configured to talk to collector at 10.0.0.1 and now the collector is on 10.1.21.1)

On a side note, load balancers between agents and collectors aren't recommended. I assume you mean a LB in front of the WS (ie. to serve traffic, not between agent and collector).

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Hi Adam,

thank you for your reply.
I took a look at your question and I verified into our AppMon installation: we don't have any geo location, BT's based on IP. System/Network admin confirmed that our servers are not involved in this change, so IP will remain the same. You're right about LB, my mistake.

So, it seems to be a change that will not impact our environment.

Thanks again!

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Just last question. Do I need to post another question in DC-RUM in order to get info or someone can change from AppMon to DC-RUM forum?

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I'd post another DC RUM specific topic in that forum 🙂

davide_mascolo
Contributor

Hi Adam,

our costumer changed the IP but I dont understand where I need to update these information.

Could you kindly suggest, please?

regards

Davide