cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP change in the dynatrace server hostname

rsubramanian
Guide

We are changing the IP address of the host & the hostname remains same in the dynatrace server. Do we need to check/modify anything in the server & collector configuration file after IP address modification?

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I believe the file server.config.xml is one location you might need to update that. I'd look through that file for the old name to verify. If you do need to change it I recommend shutting down server, changing, and then restarting.

James

Thanks for the reply James. The file contains FQDN & not the IP address. So restart the dynatrace server should suffice the requirement right.

HI Ram, If you are using FQDN in server.config.xml , it should work even without a restart.

But please go ahead and restart just to make sure everything works fine.

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Ram S.

One more thing you will have to verify in the X:\dtcollector\collector\conf\collector.config.xml for the serveraddress="x.x.x.x

If the dynatrace serveraddress was configured as FQDN then you will just restart the dynatrace server after changing the IP address and everything set, otherwise you will have to change the IP address in all the collector.config.xml files.

Regards,

Babar

rsubramanian
Guide

Thanks all for the reply.