cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i install single agent on all Hosts that form an application, will dynatrace automatically create/suggest an application or user will have to manually create an application?

divya_sharma
Newcomer

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
Champion

AppMon will can automatically detect application by hostname or web application ID.

In most cases it is better to define custom application via URI Pattern though.

divya_sharma
Newcomer

So i have a micro-service application where i have deployed diff services on different hosts, ex Host A B C and they are all talking to each other through these microservices residing in docker containers. i see that dynatrace is showing that they are talking to each other but it doesn't show or suggest the application that is making them talk to each other. Would Dyna trace discover microservices applications or it just discoveres application running on the same host only. Also basically, would it just create an application with some name by itself and would display it in sdashboard?

It should automatically do it for you. But there are a lot of configuration which you can do application specific, so it's the best practice to define a custom application.

divya_sharma
Newcomer

How do u define a custom application?

You are talking about Dynatrace AppMon, not Dynatrace SaaS/Managed, right?

There is a good description on how to define application sin the documentation.